The world’s largest Arts festival is here until the 29th and if you’ve missed the first few shows don’t worry, there are still thousands left to see in over 250 different venues!
The journey to Edinburgh is part of the fun so gather your friends for a road trip or hop on a train and enjoy the ride! Remember to pack lots of snacks and a killer playlist.
It’s impossible to see all the shows at Fringe and the best way to make the most of your trip is to get in as many different shows as you can.
From dancing to stand up, fire breathing to poetry reading, Fringe has it all so get looking and get booking!
If you’re a first time Fringer, follow our Beginners Guide for some helpful tips on how to make the most of your Fringe Festival. Come on! We’re off to Edinburgh!
Beginners Guide to Fringe Festival
- Start your day early to avoid disappointment of missing seats for the ones you really want to see.
- Take advantage of the free shows and two for one specials.
- Download the Fringe App on your mobile for quick easy info. Have access to maps, ticket collection points, online show bookings —the works! Seriously, ditch the million pamphlets and maps and go mobile.
- Dress accordingly. You are now in Scotland where its normal to expect 4 seasons in one day. Pack a jumper, a raincoat, some sunnies and sunblock. Be prepared for whatever the weather, the show must go on!
- Wear comfortable shoes. There will be a lot of walking between venues and you don’t want to miss out on exploring because your feet hurt.
- Take lunch breaks. Plan time to eat so that you don’t forget to refuel. It also helps to plan where you want to eat so that you don’t waste time loitering around looking for food stalls
- Carry cash. It’s easier to deal in cash and get exact change than to stress about finding an ATM.